Financially Independent Person (FIP) Visa
Article 20 of Greek Law 4251/2014- Greece Residence Permits for Financially Independent Persons (FIP Visa)
Who can apply for the FIP Visa and obtain a Residence Permit in Greece?
Non- EU citizens having adequate resources at a level of steady annual income for the coverage of their living expenses may apply for a 2- year residence permit.
Such individuals may be accompanied by members of their families to whom a personal residence permit is granted.
Residence Permit Greece (FIP Visa) Eligibility Requirements
The condition for sufficient income must exist for each member of the family.
The minimum income is 2000 euros/ month and in case the person is accompanied by their family, this amount is increased by 20% for the spouse and 15% for each child. The amount of the income may be proved by pension abroad, bank account statements or other proof that the person has its own sufficient income, of legal origin, to cover its expenses without being employed or exercise an independent economic activity in Greece.
Duration of the residence permit in Greece
The residence permit for financially independent persons is issued for 2 years and may be renewed every 3 years.
Access to the labor market: this type of residence permit
does not allow access to the labor market
Financially Independent Person Residence VISA Procedure
Step 1 – Obtain a VISA
The applicant obtains a special visa from the competent Greek embassy/consulate in the country of origin. The applicant should appear in person and be interviewed briefly in relation to the purpose of their application.
- Passport valid for at least three months after the expiration date of the visa
- Certificate of criminal record of the applicant by the competent authorities of the country of origin
- Medical certificate by a recognized public or private institution, proving that the applicant doesn’t suffer from a disease capable of being dangerous to the public health according to the international standards of the World Health Organization
- Evidence, such as bank, social security, pension statements proving that you have the necessary annual income of 2.000 Euros/month (additional funds, 20% for a spouse, 15% for each child)
- Certificate that the applicant has applied to a medical insurer for full coverage of his medical care and expenses during his staying in Greece
Moreover, the applicant should not be listed as a persona non-grata and there should be no reasons to be considered as threaten to public health, public order, national security and international relations.
Step 2 – Application for the staying permit
Upon their arrival in Greece and until the expiration of their special visa, the applicant applies for the residence permit.
- Application form in two (2) copies- to be drafted by our office
- Four (4) recent colored passport photographs
- True copy of valid passport or equivalent travel document recognized by Greece, together with valid visa
- Stamp Fee- to be issued by the Greek Tax Authority
- Certificate that the applicant has applied to a medical insurer for full coverage of his medical care and expenses***
- Evidence that the third – country national has sufficient funds, at the level of consistent annual income
*** In case the applicant does not hold one, we may conclude an insurance policy in Greece
Renewal of the staying permit in Greece
Application form in two (2) copies - to be drafted by our office
Three (3) recent colored passport photographs
True copy of valid passport or equivalent travel document recognized by Greece, together with valid visa
Stamp Fee to be issued by the Greek Tax Authority
Certificate that the applicant has applied to a medical insurer for full coverage of his medical care and expenses
Evidence that the third - country national has sufficient funds, at the level of consistent annual income
Evidence that the national has stay 183 days per calendar year in Greece
Cost of Obtaining the Financially Independent Person (FIP) Residence Permit/Visa
To be communicated depending on the size of the family of the applicant.
Get in touch
Dominica Office :
36 Great George Street Roseau
Commonwealth of Dominica
00112 West Indies
Antigua & Barbuda Office:
Suite No. 4 Woods Centre
Friars Hill Road, P.O. Box W1516,
St. John’s, Antigua, West Indies
20, Micoud Street, Castries
P.O. Box 189